New Year's is a time for looking back over what has been and for looking ahead at what could be.
In times like these, its easy to get caught up in how bad things are and how bleak the outlook is. Its easy to get discouraged. But in the Bible, Jesus reminded us,
As I look over the past year, I see how our family has been blessed so greatly. There are so many ways that God has been good to us, and I think its time its time that this worrywart counts her blessings:
- my family, for whom I am eternally grateful
- my salvation and faith in Jesus Christ
- my home
- my job (even though it has caused me more headaches than I care to remember!)
- God's provision during the dark times when we had trouble seeing the tunnel's end
- my new friends in BlogLand
- and most recently, my new great-nephew Caleb!
I pray that even though everyone is telling us how dreary the world is and that things look hopeless, we are able to look beyond that to the One who is the source of hope. And with that hope, let's make 2009 a wonderful year!