Friday, November 7, 2008

And Then There Was Light...

Okay, I think the kitchen finally done (at least until we find "just one more thing" that we want to change/redo/update). This time, it was the light fixture over the table. We got this fixture a couple of years ago, and it came with some paper shades that, after a few months, literally started falling apart. The heat from the light bulbs apparently was too much for the glue that held the shade to the wire that fits over the bulbs, and I had to (I can't believe I'm admitting this) scotch tape them back together. I know, scandalous. After all, any self-respecting blogger knows that one must use a hot glue gun! Well, mine was at school, and I never could remember to bring it back home, so I used tape.
Derek always hated the shades, so he soon began planning their replacements. We had a heck of a time getting ones that would fit, but we finally came up with this:(Have you ever tried to take a picture of a light fixture? At night? When it is turned on? Not easy.)
I'm not entirely sold on these, but I think it may be because the 60 watt bulbs we put in are so bright that small aircraft in search of a landing strip are starting to circle around the house. I'll try some lower wattage bulbs and see if we can put away our sunglasses during dinner time.
So now, you ask, what project do we have planned next? Well, thanks to Carrie, I've been inspired to work on my laundry room. Well, actually its just a laundry closet, but its in serious need of some attention.

No comments: