Friday, November 14, 2008

Who Knew?

Jill and I have been friends for 16 years. We were undergraduates together at Union College while we trained to be teachers , and got hired at the same elementary school at about the same time (the same one where I still teach). We've been best girlfriends for years, and just when we think we know just about everything about each other, we learn something new. Recently, Jill and I had a rare "Girl's Day Out", and we spent about 5 hours shopping at our favorite spots: Dollar Tree, Big Lots, Goodwill, and even hit the big sale at JCPenney's. On our way home, I spotted an antique store downtown, Alley Stuff, and asked Jill if she'd like to go in. Much to my surprise, she told me that she loved antiquing! Who knew? Well, that's all it took. Now, we can add "antweeking" to thrifting as one of our favorite Girl's Day Out activities.

Here's what I found at Alley Stuff on our first visit:

I am a sucker for dishes, so when I found this one for $2, I couldn't resist. Now just because this is all I bought doesn't mean that I couldn't have spent some serious money! There were some beautiful pieces, but I was trying to excercise restraint. Sure wasn't easy though...

No comments: