Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Out with the old...


New Year's is a time for looking back over what has been and for looking ahead at what could be.

In times like these, its easy to get caught up in how bad things are and how bleak the outlook is. Its easy to get discouraged. But in the Bible, Jesus reminded us,

28"And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these.30If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? 31So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' 32For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."

Matthew 6:28-34 (NIV)



As I look over the past year, I see how our family has been blessed so greatly. There are so many ways that God has been good to us, and I think its time its time that this worrywart counts her blessings:


  • my family, for whom I am eternally grateful

  • my salvation and faith in Jesus Christ

  • my home

  • my job (even though it has caused me more headaches than I care to remember!)

  • God's provision during the dark times when we had trouble seeing the tunnel's end

  • my new friends in BlogLand

  • and most recently, my new great-nephew Caleb!

I pray that even though everyone is telling us how dreary the world is and that things look hopeless, we are able to look beyond that to the One who is the source of hope. And with that hope, let's make 2009 a wonderful year!

Though I don't know what our future holds, I know Who holds our future!

2 comments:

The Blonde Duck said...

Wanted to stop in and say hi!

Shell in your Pocket said...

Happy New Year to you!!!
-sandy toes