Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Plate It Up...

This week I've been trying to finish up some projects before I have to go back to work on Friday (what kind of sadistic school district plans the first day of inservice on the last Friday of summer vacation?). We're going to work on that mystery project in the kitchen tonight, so while Hubby is at work this morning, I tried something new.
While the Megster was cleaning out her closet last night (hard to believe, I know!), she found a platter (don't ask-who knows why there was a platter in a 10-year-old's closet). Now this wasn't sporting the prettiest of patterns, in fact, it was downright ugly. I would show you how ugly, but as usual, I was too intent on starting my project that I forgot to take the "before" picture. You'll just have to take my word for it. I wasted no time in spray painting it "sand" (Do It Best brand), which is a creamy off-white.
Then, I tried a new trick I learned last night. I was trying to figure out how I was going to transfer an "S" to my plate, and not 10 minutes later, I find this gal's blog, in which she explains exactly how to transfer patterns without carbon paper. So I tried it, and it worked perfectly. Thanks Lindsay!
I didn't have any black craft paint, so I had to use spray paint that I sprayed out in a little puddle on a foam tray. I'm not the steadiest painter in the world, and I just noticed a rough place I need to fix (I think I can fix it with a Sharpie), but I think its not too bad. I have no idea yet where I'm going to put it, but I'll think of something!

1 comment:

Kim @ Twice Remembered said...

I've been wanting to do this for a while now! That's neat that you used spray paint!