Thursday, July 9, 2009

The Guest Bathroom...

Earlier this spring, I shared with you some ideas I had for the guest bath. It had been a sore spot for me ever since I painted the bottom of the wall red. Now, normally I love red, but it just didn't work for me in here. We finally decided to paint the room "Bronco Brown" by Porter Paint. I wasn't sure about this color that my hubby had picked out, but as soon as I rolled it on the wall, I loved it.

The next step was the fun stuff: shower curtains, a new mirror, light fixture, and all the "pretties". I found the shower curtain at Wal-Mart:

The mirror and light fixture:

Now, when I say I'm a frugal decorator, I mean it. The metal piece over the towel bar was $6 at Dollar General, the picture was $5 (D.G.), and the wire basket was really expensive-$7-at WalMart (its actually a flower basket from the lawn and garden department!). The towel bars and holder are also from Wally World. The sunburst mirror was one I repurposed fromt he other bathroom. A rug from JCPenney and I was done. We love it!

No comments: