Have you heard? There’s a party going on over at the Nester’s place! We’re all joining in to share how we’ve mistreated our windows. A “mistreatment”, in case you don’t know, is an cheap and easy way to dress a window without sewing, measuring, or spending a fortune. As I thought back to my single days, I realized that I’ve been mistreating for years. You can’t imagine how many pairs of curtains and drapes I’ve made out of bed sheets! Even though most of the curtains in my home are actual store-bought curtains, I do have one sort-of mistreatment in Gaven’s room.
These curtains were bought several years ago for the French doors in our dining room. They served us well, but I eventually got tired of them and put them away in the linen closet. When we took Gaven’s crib down, down came the valance that matched his bedding. I went shopping at home and found these:They fit the window perfectly, but the tiebacks were a problem. A couple of the rings were broken and I couldn’t find any cuphooks. So here’s my solution (sorry for not so clear pictures):
The back may not be pretty, but it works!