Monday, July 7, 2008

All hands on deck...



After two years of talking about it, Derek and I have finally decided to do something about our deck. It has needed a new coat of stain for a long time, as well as some sprucing up to the furnishings. I couldn't tell you the last time I had a flower out there. So when we got our "G.W. money" as Derek calls it (our economic stimulus check), we put a few dollars into some new stuff, along with plenty of elbow grease.


So far, we've had the deck stained a beautiful Red Oak color, and I spray painted all of my old green chairs black. They finally match the table I bought three years ago! Yesterday we bought a new umbrella and umbrella stand. Our old one was nearly blown away a couple of weeks ago during a storm and couldn't be repaired. The stand had to go because the screw that holds the umbrella in got stuck and no amount of WD-40 could get that bad boy loosened.


We also bought these beauties. They'll be a nice splash of color to an otherwise almost all black deck.


And here's the new fire pit. Assembled by yours truly. I can't wait to roast some marshmallows!

Hopefully tonight we'll get everything in place (I'm waiting for Derek to get home because some of that stuff is pretty heavy). I'll post a picture when its all done!

No comments: