Saturday, July 30, 2011

A Country Photo Frame...

So, I'm perusing the pins on Pinterest the other day, when I spotted this cute photo station:

I thought it was too cute, and looked simple enough that maybe even I could make one like it. And, I am happy to report, I have done it! Now, mine probably isn't built as well as Talia's, but it is good enough for me!

First, you start with some old moulding that has been in the garage for who-knows-how-long:


You get your hubby to cut them to length with his circular saw (because the circular saw is the one power tool that kinda scares you) and then miter the corners with your new miter box and saw (that you bought because it was $8, rather than $150 for the power compound miter saw that is now on your birthday wish list):

Then you recut the last piece of moulding because you got the angles mixed up again. This will also make your frame smaller than you intended. Oh well... Nail them together with your handy-dandy nail gun. Then add some eye hooks:

On the hooks, attach a length of jute on which to pin your photos:

I took my frame one step further and added some chicken wire to the back. Then all that was left was to pick out some photos to display!

No comments: