Saturday, August 29, 2009

A Project Completed...

Remember this picture?
A few weeks ago, I alluded to a project that I had wanted to start for a long time. When we bought our house 10 years ago, I loved the rail along the top of the cabinets. Over time, though, I grew a bit tired of it and wanted something different. I decided this summer that surely Derek and I could put some moulding up there to replace the outdated rail. I spent a couple of days staining and applying polyurethane. The only problem was that we don't have a compound miter saw that a job like this requires. Enter Stan. Stan is a contractor friend of Derek's who installed our counter top a few months back. When Derek told him about our problem, he came right over and put it up for us. Thanks Stan!

I just love how getting rid of the skirt and rail over the sink really opened up the window. It looks so much bigger, and the cabinets have a more streamlined look. Just a little bit of moulding made a big difference!

1 comment:

CindyLou said...

Love the new look to your cabinets! I so want to do this! I have to work on the hubby a little more. He says he likes the spool rail. I liked it too, 20 years ago! Great new look!