Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Moving on...

The hall bath is finished (I promise I'll post some pics soon!), so we're moving on to the BIG job--the master bath. We started with dark mushroom paint, an ugly 10-year-old vinyl floor that had come apart from the wall, a b&w toile shower curtain, brass accessories, and a chrome builder's basic faucet. Oh, and don't forget that must-have-come-from-the-70's (even though the house was built in '98) light bar over the sink. That's the "before".

For our "after", we're putting Prussian Blue on the wall (think a muted medium blue). We're putting down a beige ceramic tile on the floor, along with a new light fixture, mirror, counter top, and satin nickel faucet & towel bars. Derek even bought me a new wet saw for the tile! Yes, you do detect a strange excitement there. Who would have thought I'd be excited about a saw? I'm really watching too much DIY shows on TV...I think the saw is an early Mother's Day gift, but that's okay--I'm getting him new chairs for the front porch that I've been wanting! We do have an strange way of buying gifts for each other--we buy the other what we want and disguise it as a gift for the other person. Works great for our birthdays, too, since my b'day is the day before his--we always get what we want! But, I digress...

So, we put the primer on 2 nights ago, and tonight, we're going blue. Saturday we're ripping up the old vinyl flooring, laying the cement board (which we'll have to walk on for a few days until our tile arrives) and putting up the towel bars. I think I'll wait until the tile goes down to seriously decorate, though. Too bad I'm not very patient!

No comments: