Monday, June 30, 2008

The Stillness of the Morning...


Do you hear that? There...do you hear it? If you're saying to yourself, I don't hear anything, well, then, you heard it! That's the sound of quiet. No TV, no radio, no yelling at one's brother or sister to get out of his or her things. No cartoons. Ahhhhh. If only every morning were like this one.

I don't know why it is that I've had an extra hour to myself this morning. Mr. G never sleeps this late (he's my early bird child). Miss M, on the other hand, usually has to be pried out of her bed with a crow bar. I guess they're especially tired this morning because they went swimming last night in Uncle Butch's pool. They're usually very hungry and wiped out when they get out of the water, but for G to sleep this late is unusual.

Having this extra time has given me a chance to catch up on some of my favorite blogs. Nester (http://nestingplacenc.blogspot.com/ ) is giving us a tour of her new home. I'm going rummaging through my linen closet for some curtain panels to hang on my porch! I also found Kimba's blog ( http://asoftplacetoland-kimba.blogspot.com/ ) and she has inspired me to go antiquing or junking and spray paint something! I'm definitely going to be spray painting some plates!

Check these ladies out!

No comments: